Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
I'm amused at many of you hypocrites.
First you say that society has the right to protect itself from harmful diseases. Then do an about face in this thread by supporting same-sex behaviors...

(05-16-2015, 02:30 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: I for one stand behind this and don't understand why you would put your kids at risk for reasons that aren't ever backed up except with opinions.

(05-16-2015, 03:01 PM)xxlt Wrote: Yeah, if you believe Jeebus or the Easter Bunny is going to protect you from disease and you don't need shots you should go live in Jeebus' tomb or on Easter Bunny Island. There is a cost to live in a society. Want less government intrusion in your life? I suggest you move to Somalia. It is a small goverment paradise.

(05-16-2015, 03:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I  always have mixed feelings about this sort of thing. There is the part of me in favor of smaller government that says that this one is okay because it is at the state level, but on the federal level it would be a gross intrusion on the lives of the citizenry.

But there is the part of me that recognizes just how much harm can come from the public health with only a small percentage of children not being vaccinated.

(05-20-2015, 01:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, when your choices impact on public health and safety this is no longer a choice you are allowed to make.  The exact same logic is why you can't smoke indoors in most of the country.

(05-21-2015, 12:22 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: All children should be vaccinated, and it should not be up to their idiot parents as to whether or not they have the best opportunity to live a healthy life and not spread disease.

(05-24-2015, 05:18 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Great law. Other people shouldn't have to be endangered just because some psychotic ***** Alex Jones fans choose to deny their children protection against disease.

Yet when it comes to protecting the general population from Aids, you're stance on society protecting itself changes. Considering that 3-5% of the US population is gay, and that over half of all new HIV cases come from that segment of people, I'd say that it's quite disproportionate. I don't think the general population should be at risk because of a small segment of people that choose to participate in deviant sexual behaviors.

Aids is one of the top killers for people aged 13-24, basically our kids... yet it's still ok with you all to do nothing about it.

http://www.hhs.gov/opa/reproductive-health/stis/hiv/

•Every 9½ minutes, someone in the U.S. is infected with HIV. It is estimated that there are over 56,000 new cases of HIV in the U.S. each year.
•It is estimated that 1.7 million people in the U.S. have been infected with HIV since 1981 and approximately 1.1 million Americans are currently be living with the infection.
•Gay and bisexual men account for more than half of all new HIV cases and about 48% of those currently living with the virus.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - Mike M (the other one) - 05-27-2015, 01:55 PM