Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Okay is everyone done crying and moaning?
(07-02-2019, 03:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: For crying out loud, It's not a mystery! It's been communicated, Several of the o-line coaches have said it, it's just that many fans aren't hearing it. Westerman is a beast going North and South, but lacks the lateral movement necessary for the past teams schemes..... if we are going to run the ball straight at teams this year, he will most likely be the guy. If the Guards are going to have to do a lot of pulling, etc., he ain't it....

You're right, I had forgotten the lateral issue was mentioned. I do find it interesting that he exhibited athleticism and was praised for the same coming out of college yet the mention of lack of lateral movement contradicts that.

I just went back to what Pollack was quoted last year, which wasn't the same as the lateral movement. 

Quote:He’s got to clean up his technique. He got high at times. But he’s grinding on that. He’s got to work on better hand placement.
I now remember reading that before but somewhat surprised these little(?) things would keep him from seeing the field given how bad Redmond was last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Okay is everyone done crying and moaning? - ochocincos - 07-02-2019, 04:00 PM