Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Okay is everyone done crying and moaning?
(07-01-2019, 02:47 AM)Joelist Wrote: I know the Williams injury threw people for a loop and also that some expression of anger/cynicism/pain can be therapeutic.

Hasn't it been enough now? The reality is Williams is out and nothing anyone feels or says will change it - time to move on.

The next big point is training camp. Then comes preseason where for the first time we get to see the new schemes and coaches in action. That will provide a lot more information than we have now,

IF this causes the Bengals to be unable to block in 2019, the crying hasn't even begun yet.   The moaning will be Dalton and others carried off the field in injury due to no blocking.   Without blocking, no scheme or playbook can work.  Call any plays you want, they will all get blown up as defense is unblocked.  Many 3 and outs and our defense going on the field too often and often starting with opposition already in or near scoring position thanks to no blocking on offense. Very much like Slippery Rock vs Alabama or other college mismatch games of 70 to 0 scores.

Now I said IF the Bengals can't block. IF, IF, IF.....Bengals still have time to adjust, bring blockers in, coach up the blockers they have. 4th Round pick Michael Jordon, the O Lineman from Ohio State now has the door swing open for playing time in 2019. Also any undrafted O linemen brought into camp. Bengals probably will need to bring in more O Linemen and look at who teams cut in preseason, and this is why I'm all for resigning Bengal Jake Fisher who is probably better than most they could bring in or have just brought in. Fisher would help to fill out the bench depth and could be even more than that. The high draft pick of Bengals Fisher is worth considering resigning very much now.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Okay is everyone done crying and moaning? - kevin - 07-02-2019, 11:06 PM