Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Wall Street pay off student debt
(07-03-2019, 12:34 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's try this:

Do you think student debt should be forgiven?

Let's bring the discussion back to Sander's proposal in the OP; the federal government paying off student loans (in addition to paying tuition for college and trade schools) with a tax on Wall Street. To me, that's not unlike the property tax I pay to fund public K-12 schools. Something you support. In order to support Sander's plan I would need to see data on its impact. If that tax turns out it would improve the struggles of the middle class working man to pay for his kids to go to college or trade schools which will improve their life long earning potential, quality of life, and reduce the number of families receiving government assistance and it mainly just decrease the profits to shareholders of the corporations that have been screwing over the middle class and don't want to pay taxes by shifting the HQs overseas, exported jobs overseas, imported cheaper foreign workers, cut benefits, and maintained stagnant wages while increase executive's pay and benefits out of proportion to the workers who keep them in business; then hell yeah, I would support it. If the proposed tax had a deleterious effect on the middle class then I wouldn't support it.

But, since I used more than one monosyllabic word in my answer, I'll just assume that's too nuanced for you and await more BS.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Wall Street pay off student debt - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-03-2019, 01:14 AM