Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Wall Street pay off student debt
(07-03-2019, 12:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Early retirement from the Military comes at a cost and anyone that assumed that cost instead of expecting others to pay the difference is responsible. If anyone took early retirement and then advocated for equal benefits for those that did not who be. Hell, I retired at 20 instead of the mandatory 30 but I don't expect to receive the same percentage those that stayed until 30 receive.

I have 0 issue with anyone that took out a college loan. 
Opting out of a contract is opting out of a contract whether it is year 3 or year 18. And choosing to opt out doesn't make someone irresponsible like you mistakenly claimed.

If some has been paying their student loans in good faith and the government offered to forgive their loans based upon Sander's proposal or something similar and they accepted-doesn't make them irresponsible, either. Hell, if I had a shit load of student debt and the government offered to pay off my loans it would be irresponsible of me towards my family not to accept that offer. ("Golly, honey, I know having our student loans forgiven would have allowed us to fully fund our 401K and our Roth and non-Roth IRAs so we don't become a burden to our kids or need government assistance when we're too old or sick to work, but some guy in Kentucky doesn't think that would be responsible.")

Dude, the Army had three retirement plans based upon BASD while you were in. Which meant someone's military service was worth more or less than another soldier's based solely on when they joined. Everyone in the military right now will receive less retirement pay than you. So FTA and the politicians.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Wall Street pay off student debt - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-03-2019, 01:49 AM