Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Okay is everyone done crying and moaning?
(07-02-2019, 04:42 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Billy Price wants to be great,however I feel he has some not of his fault issues in that he is too short to play the position,I saw him last season just get pushed 10 feet back against big nose tackles and I feel he cannot hold up against the best of the best called the NFL. I see his backup in Trey Hoskins being a better fit as he played very well last season when price was injured.I see Price getting banged up during the season and someone will be replacing him.Does anyone know the names of all the backups for the entire O-line and are they good enough to come in and hold up and to me we go as far as the line will allow Dalton to play and he likes to bale out as soon as he feels the pressure of the line not holding up.We shall see how it goes.Regardless, I am looking forward to seeing a ZT offense in action.who-dey :andy: ThumbsUp

Let's look at your statement in depth....You state that Price will not be good because he is too short to pay the position. So let's examine the top centers in the game today. So the height, weight, and arm length of Price will be out benchmark..

Billy Price - height -  6'3"
                 weight - 305
                 arm length - 32"
                 wingspan - 75 2/8"

And now the top ranked centers in the game today:

Travis Frederick  height - 6'4"
                           weight - 312
                           arm length - 33"

Alex Mack  height - 6'4"
                  weight - 311
                  arm length - 33"

Rodney Hudson  height - 6'2"
                           weight - 299
                           arm length - 32 1/2"

Maurkice Pouncey  height - 6'4"
                              weight - 304
                              arm length - 32 1/2"

Jason Kelce  height - 6'3"
                     weight - 280
                     arm length - 32 1/2"

Weston Richburg  height - 6'3"
                             weight - 298
                             arm length - 33 3/8"

Ryan Kalil  height -  6'2"
                  weight - 300

So as you can see your metric of him being too short really holds no water. How about maybe that he was a rookie and playing back into shape from a combine injury?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Okay is everyone done crying and moaning? - OSUfan - 07-03-2019, 04:21 PM