Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Stupid Things Said At The Democratic Debate
(07-03-2019, 07:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Holy shit haha. I completely understand why you'd be weary of this option. I don't know how you got that insurance premium.

I took my company's second to lowest tier of insurance (there are 4 options) and my premium is $215.00 per 2 week pay period for my wife and I (it would be ~$95.00 for just me). My company also stopped providing this health bonus rebate last year. It used to give me like a 50 dollar rebate each pay period because my wife and I have normal blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol rates etc. I can only imagine the premium is going to continue to rise over time.

And it would have been even worse if we went with my wife's company's plan (something to the tune of $400.00 per 2 week pay period.)

If I only had to pay $70.00 per pay period for the two of us, I'd be weary of Medicare for All as well Tongue.

You're lucky your employer covers your spouse. My wife has a job which offers her employer sponsored health insurance so my employer won't offer her coverage under my family plan. So I have to pay the family rate for my daughter and I. While my wife pays for an individual plan for herself. Different companies, plans, premiums, deductibles, co-pays, networks, prescription tiers. Just another way corporations have reduced their contribution to the middle class' healthcare benefits during the past twenty years.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stupid Things Said At The Democratic Debate - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-03-2019, 09:42 PM