Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Okay is everyone done crying and moaning?
(07-04-2019, 03:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't think it's that simple. Marvin was a pretty good regular season coach. In the playoffs, our rosters generally had glaring weaknesses that got exposed. I wonder what the results would have been had we added that extra free agent or two?

Re: 2015 - The Bengals were drafting and signing character red flag guys for years and it burned them. NO COACH has controlled Burfict. To pin that meltdown solely on Marvin isn't accurate. The Bengals front office deserves part of the blame for assembling such a volatile roster. And yes, I get that Jeremy Hill fumbled. Maybe Marvin forgot to tell his professional RB to hang onto the football?

I like Marvin. I think he did a good job here. Did he stay too long? Yup. I think he did as good of a job as possible while here though. I was just pointing out how people think about that situation.

Did Mike Zimmer control Burfict? I don't recall too many incidents outta him in 2012 and 2013. I know that he bag tagged that O lineman from Green Bay, but that's about all I can recall. There were some unnecessary roughness calls, but a lot of players get those. He was just playing on fire back then. There was very little extra curricular activity those first couple seasons.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Okay is everyone done crying and moaning? - jason - 07-04-2019, 04:26 PM