Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rams Offensive Personnel Packages and What We Might See
(07-07-2019, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To me it seems like a waste to have 2 RBs in the game at the same time.  A good blocking RB is not as good at blocking as a TE.  A good receiving RB is not the same receiving threat as a WR.

I want to keep Mixon's legs fresh.  Rest him when he is not carrying the ball instead of making him block or run pass routes.

It's not a waste to have some 2RB packages.  Sometimes major mismatches, and key one on one coverage situations can be achieved by running a 2WR formation, simply because the Safeties must respect the run and underneath routes.  Now do I think that a 2RB formation should be a team's primary personnel grouping?  Heck no, just look at Baltimore last season as a good example of why not.  San Diego's defense got handled by the Ravens, when they played in the regular season.  Then, because Baltimore failed to vary from that grouping and limited play list, San Diego effectively shut them down in the playoff game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rams Offensive Personnel Packages and What We Might See - SunsetBengal - 07-07-2019, 04:57 PM