Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Okay is everyone done crying and moaning?
(07-08-2019, 11:34 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: It's a case-by-case thing.

There are turnovers that are caused by exceptional defensive play, and also turnovers caused by bonheaded offensive plays.

Ryan Tannehill and Isiah Oliver were dumbasses. Not a lot of football players reach those kinds of stupidity levels.

Sometimes, (well a LOT of times) fans tend to overlook the opposing team's just great plays as if every great play by any opposing team has to be faulted somewhere by our team..
I remember a recent home run by one of the Brewers players. The pitch was really low out of the strike zone almost in the dirt, but he reached down and knocked it over the fence.. That wasn't the fault of the pitcher, it was just a great play by the Brewers hitter at the time.. Well, basically just dumb shit luck on his part, but he got the home run anyway.. 
The stats in that will never tell the story of a lousy pitch almost in the dirt and if he had swung and missed and struck out the stat would have been of just another strikeout.. Instead, just another homerun, nothing more, nothing less.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Okay is everyone done crying and moaning? - grampahol - 07-09-2019, 11:43 AM