Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rift in the Democratic Party
(07-09-2019, 02:07 PM)hollodero Wrote: But that's exactly what Trump does. Only a hundred times worse.

So you dislike it in this instance as well I assume?

Quote:Also, you criticized that they "don't appear to comprehend the need for a more moderate approach in most of the country". I don't think they have to do that. AOC unseated some established moderate democrat, it would be odd if she would just follow his lead once in Congress.
That I am not a fan of AOC's and their style is something else. I sure am not. She shouldn't ridicule people or castigate folks, but it's also not her task to fall in line and become moderate.

With respect you're reiterating my argument.  AOC is not from a moderate district.  That she unseated such an incumbent is one example, but there are other, rather obvious factors, for her victory.  I didn't say it was her task to do anything.  I did say her antics actually hurt her parties agenda nationwide.  So feel free to be the far left radical you were elected to be, just don't be surprised when the majority of your colleagues take issue with your approach.

Quote:Yeah, those do matter in my view.
But I sure could list some policy issues as well. Eg. he widely lost respect in foreign lands, his no progress in NK show just as well as the nearly attack on Iran that he obviously has no "oh he plays 3D chess" strategy, he's erratic, he denies climate change, raised the deficit in economic good times, he puts children in cage-like structures that lack basic sustenance etc. - which all can be seen as the result of severe personality flaws (or not, that's just my view of course - that he is severely flawed seems a more objective statement in comparison).
Also, I'd say such extreme flaws as Trump displays (like calling media outlets "enemy of the people") are disqualifying for a leader and to me that is a political statement. And it sure is a "position" and a valid, legit reason to be opposed to him. How can it not be?

I've already addressed many of these points above.  I didn't say there aren't policies of Trump to disagree with, I disagree with many of them as well.  I generally liked Obama, I disagreed with numerous policy positions of him as well.  BTW, one of them was his being anti-same sex marriage.  My point, which has yet to be refuted is that being anti-Trump is not such a position.

Quote:Also, Dino has kind of a point. So many claim Trump's biggest asset is owning the libs and making 'em heads explode. Which is less political and way more petty than critizising a leader for not having the traits it takes to be one.

I don't recall seeing anyone make the point that this is his biggest asset.

Quote:(And oh btw. China - and his demands that Europe do more for their own defense - are issues I do not have a problem with. It's not all bad.)

Hence my point that simply being anti-Trump is not a valid position.  I am glad we agree.

Messages In This Thread
Rift in the Democratic Party - bfine32 - 07-08-2019, 02:16 PM
RE: Rift in the Democratic Party - Yojimbo - 07-08-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: Rift in the Democratic Party - CJD - 07-08-2019, 04:05 PM
RE: Rift in the Democratic Party - Yojimbo - 07-08-2019, 07:15 PM
RE: Rift in the Democratic Party - CJD - 07-09-2019, 08:13 AM
RE: Rift in the Democratic Party - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-09-2019, 02:40 PM
RE: Rift in the Democratic Party - Dill - 07-09-2019, 05:54 PM
RE: Rift in the Democratic Party - GMDino - 07-09-2019, 08:56 AM
RE: Rift in the Democratic Party - treee - 07-09-2019, 06:45 AM
RE: Rift in the Democratic Party - Dill - 07-09-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: Rift in the Democratic Party - bfine32 - 07-09-2019, 10:59 AM