Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restaurant owner blames liberal, LGBTQ critics for losing investors
(07-09-2019, 04:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They told the story they were fed and engaged in piss poor journalism. They did update and/or retract their stories when more information was available. Regardless, the actions he and his classmates were reported to have taken painted a racist image more than the hat.

Indeed. My reasoning being that not everyone who wears a MAGA hat is painted as a racist in the media, while the kid from Covington was in the media because of the image and his reported actions. Were it not for the, admittedly misrepresented, report of their actions then there would have been no attempt to portray him as a racist. So it would be illogical to conclude it was the hat alone that caused him to be seen as a racist.

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, just that was a poor representation for your argument.

And surprisingly I saying I disagree. Many painted the Covington Kid as racist simply because of the hat; it's why the image of him smiling at the NA was such "news". It was a perfect example of narrow-minded folks doing so simply without evidence. 

I can proudly say I didn't jump to conclusions; can everyone else reading these words do the same?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Restaurant owner blames liberal, LGBTQ critics for losing investors - bfine32 - 07-09-2019, 04:55 PM