Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restaurant owner blames liberal, LGBTQ critics for losing investors
(07-09-2019, 07:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I provided you with a link in which I was considered racist because I suggested Justice Thomas might have a different view on mothers being allowed to abort their child simply because of the child's race. Where is the evidence in that instance?
I didn't see that link cuz you didn't quote me on it. Went back and looked at it.

So, just so I get this right, there was some law in Indiana that forbade abortion if the reasoning behind it was the race of the fetus. And the Supreme Court ruled that that portion of the law would not be maintained, meaning you could get an abortion based on race.

Thomas took issue with this because it was reminiscent to 20th century Eugenics ideology (such as those held by Margaret Sanger).

Then there was a discussion about whether or not being a minority would bias you in this discussion and whether or not hispanic counts as a minority or not...

Ultimately, GMDino thought your viewpoint regarding Hispanics not being minorities the same way black people are was racist.

I'll admit that this was a pretty liberal (eh? :) ) use of the term racist. It's a good example in your defense.

I can't really see the point GMDino was trying to make in that particular discussion. But it is notable that he specified explicitly that he did not call you a racist, just that your particular sentence was racist. Non-racist people can have racist thoughts, after all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Restaurant owner blames liberal, LGBTQ critics for losing investors - CJD - 07-09-2019, 08:15 PM