Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restaurant owner blames liberal, LGBTQ critics for losing investors
(07-09-2019, 08:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You are correct that it is possible, but it is merely one of many different possibilities. There can be any number of reasons that someone supports Trump, and immediately jumping to racism isn't helpful. It isn't going to be the correct logical leap to make the majority of the time. Based on the MAGA hat, the only reasonable logical conclusion is they are a Trump supporter. Anything beyond that isn't something that should be inferred without further evidence.

Well, I guess it depends on what you define as racism. Many would tell you that being okay with racism is a form of racism. 

And if you support someone who is actively saying and doing racist things, even if they lower your taxes or whatever reason you may have, then you are, at the very least, prioritizing your own interests above those of different races. Many would tell you that prioritizing your personal political interests over the well being of those of a different race is a form of racism.

If you don't define either of those things as racism, then yea. Being a trump supporter is not inherently racist.

So if those things are not racism, then I agree with your assertion.

For what it's worth, I realize that some Trump supporters do not understand what about what Trump is saying is racist. If they choose to support Trump because they don't believe he is racist, that is another thing. But I think, when you see someone doing something that appears to have racial motivation, like staring down a native american man singing a song (at a time when we didn't have the full story), and they are also wearing a MAGA hat, the MAGA hat, in addition to their behavior, are both pieces of evidence that the person may be racist.

That doesn't mean they definitely are racist, nor does it mean the evidence is even portraying truth in its own right (evidence is misinterpreted all the time), but the evidence is unequivocally there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Restaurant owner blames liberal, LGBTQ critics for losing investors - CJD - 07-09-2019, 08:30 PM