Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restaurant owner blames liberal, LGBTQ critics for losing investors
(07-09-2019, 04:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That story saw several iterative updates as evidence was revealed.

There was the initial iteration which was "boy confronts peaceful Native American"

The second iteration, which is the one the above description recounts, was "Native American walks into group of Trump hat wearers and plays a song in boy's face."

The third iteration was after the black Hebrews video was uncovered and that one was essentially "Black Hebrews were antagonizing children (most likely) for wearing MAGA gear. Children began responding with school chants and other pep rally style call and responses. Native American walks between the two groups to try and break up the verbal fighting."

All three iterations were reported by the MSM as they were uncovered.

If those "journalists" had actually been doing their chosen profession properly to begin with, there would never have been a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd iteration of the story.  

The fact that they all jumped at the chance to paint an innocent group of kids as something they weren't, simply because it supported the political narrative that they support, shows that they are anything but actual journalists.  All of the videos were available at the same time, they chose the opportunity to SHAPE the news, rather than simply TELLING the news.  It wasn't until alternative sources started proving that they were painting a false picture of what really happened, that they started retracting and telling the full story.  I think this largely in part to the very real and actual threat of libel suits that were upon them.

Once upon a time, I actually studied journalism, even earned my degree in Mass. Comm.  One of the first things we were told in Newswriting I, was that personal opinion or bias should not be evident in any telling of events.  There are some very specific reasons why I chose not to pursue a career in what I studied.  Most of those reasons have to do with political leanings and the bias I faced from not only classmates, but prospective employers that I interviewed with.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Restaurant owner blames liberal, LGBTQ critics for losing investors - SunsetBengal - 07-09-2019, 08:52 PM