Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restaurant owner blames liberal, LGBTQ critics for losing investors
(07-09-2019, 08:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If those "journalists" had actually been doing their chosen profession properly to begin with, there would never have been a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd iteration of the story.  

The fact that they all jumped at the chance to paint an innocent group of kids as something they weren't, simply because it supported the political narrative that they support, shows that they are anything but actual journalists.  All of the videos were available at the same time, they chose the opportunity to SHAPE the news, rather than simply TELLING the news.  It wasn't until alternative sources started proving that they were painting a false picture of what really happened, that they started retracting and telling the full story.  I think this largely in part to the very real and actual threat of libel suits that were upon them.

Once upon a time, I actually studied journalism, even earned my degree in Mass. Comm.  One of the first things we were told in Newswriting I, was that personal opinion or bias should not be evident in any telling of events.  There are some very specific reasons why I chose not to pursue a career in what I studied.  Most of those reasons have to do with political leanings and the bias I faced from not only classmates, but prospective employers that I interviewed with.  

I do think that the race to "break the news" has definitely made places report stories before all the facts are out. It's all about getting the clicks nowadays, unfortunately.

The rest of your post about journalists concealing the real story sounds a bit too conspiracy theorist to me. The video that generated the third iteration was from the Black Hebrew Israelites themselves, who were not even part of the initial story as reported by the one video of the confrontation, so even if they were published at similar times, they still needed to be linked, which takes some time.

But I don't have any evidence that they didn't collude to tell a false politically driven narrative, so that discussion would ultimately end in a stalemate.

I do think it's interesting that most news sources are inherently liberal. I don't know what that says about those who pursue the career or how that affects their choices in writing articles, but it's definitely interesting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Restaurant owner blames liberal, LGBTQ critics for losing investors - CJD - 07-09-2019, 08:58 PM