Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tucker Carlson: Omar 'living proof' US immigration laws are 'dangerous'
(07-11-2019, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's what I'm reading in this thread.

My inference is Carlson is disappointed with Immigrants cursing the very freedoms the country provides a
nd his example cited happens to be of color.

It seems others are inferring that because the person is black Carlson's thoughts on assimilation are racist.

Perhaps I am misreading other's do you care to share yours?

I disagree with Carlson's assertion that immigrants "must" assimilate. They simply must follow our laws and in some cases traditions. What traditions is where the rub comes and that's something that time could be much better used discussing than simply crying RACIST!!

There's a movie out Call "Best of Enemies" some of you should give it a look-see.

Faulty inference here.  There is no evidence Omar is "cursing freedoms," since she seems to be holding the US to claims made in the Declaration of Independence. She is rather exemplifying those freedoms.

One could infer that Carlson is cursing those guaranteed freedoms though, since his demand is not for political diversity of thought, but of conformity to a standard not generally held to represent the US--even by most conservatives.

Whether our time is better used discussing racism or not depends on whether or not racism is implied in and encouraged by Carlson's nativism. For the record, I think Carlson's motivation is broader than race, and extends to people of whatever stripe who don't think like us or "share our values."  Throw feminists in there too (not saying he wants to ban women immigrants, though).

As I said above, the audience is left to fill in the blank. "Accidental" associations with whatever out groups are welcome, if they keep you angry at the right targets.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tucker Carlson: Omar 'living proof' US immigration laws are 'dangerous' - Dill - 07-11-2019, 08:08 PM