Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the ball "juiced"? And does it need to be fixed.
Pete claimed that it was last year and he said that mlb would deny it and they did. He said that he saw a foul ball hit behind the dugout that it bounced clear up into the second deck and that there was no way that the old balls could do that that. I believe him too! Baseball knew all about the steroids/homeruns and looked the other way. They wanted the homeruns without the steroids to they probably juiced the balls. Baseball records were sacred back in the day, more so than any other sport. It was one of the romantic parts about baseball but that was sold off for greed. There’s no way to compare players from different eras anymore. It was tricky before but baseball has fixed it so current scrubs hit more homeruns than great players with average power from the past... Joe Morgan comes to mind. Another thing, if there’s no small ball anymore then why not go to the DH in both leagues? I never hear about other sports changing rules that have been around since forever just to get the games over faster. I just don’t think that decisions are being made for the best interest of the game for the long haul.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the ball "juiced"? And does it need to be fixed. - Circleville Guy - 07-16-2019, 02:55 AM