Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month.
(07-15-2019, 03:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Risky for production? You can say that about any young player coming up. You won't know for sure until you put them out there on a longer-term basis. If you give Puig a big contract, what do you do with Ervin/Winker?

Besides, what is bad about Winker? Batting average?
If that's the concern, baseball is moving more towards OPS rather than BA. Winker's career OPS is .831, which is one of the highest on the team. It's not some sub-.700 like Iglesias or Peraza have.

I do get what you’re saying! Winker hasn’t impressed me this year. He tried to become a homerun hitter and it’s really hurt his OBP and the homers aren’t there either. He’s not very fast or a very good defender. I would be trying extend Puig but he probably won’t sign now. I don’t mind having 4 outfielders capable of starting because Bell will probably rotate 4 guys regardless of the quality of the 4th guy. Puig will probably go for the big bucks and if so, they’ll probably hold and let him walk at years end. I know I’m kinda talking in circles right now, sorry bout that!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month. - Circleville Guy - 07-16-2019, 03:22 AM