Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nasa chief fired as Trump administration vents frustration over moon landing delays
(07-17-2019, 08:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm sure there is a balance in there somewhere.  But even the guy who let him go said it was a shame.   Yes you have to watch costs.  Absolutely.  But you also can't keep changing the goal and demanding things be done "faster" without these kinds of things happening.  And when it comes to strapping some humans to a giant rocket and firing them into space I'd rather they go over budget and get it right than cut a few corners and have people die.

Sure, you want to make sure your astronauts are safe, but there's a world of difference between making sure they are safe, and NASA turning returning to the moon into the F-35 project. I don't just mean that monetarily, as yes, I would prefer the astronauts to be safe and the mission successful even if it means spending a bit more than intended, but the biggest problem is unacceptable time delays.

At some point you need to look at the NASA folks and say "you already did this shit nearly 50 years to the day ago, get it together" (3 days until the 50th anniversary). The material and computer technology today are LEAGUES ahead of what they were back in the day.

NASA has sent humans to successfully walk on the moon 6 times already. A rocket test shouldn't be 4 years behind schedule. How is that even possible without massive incompetence or a complete lack of drive?

Japan landed a probe on an asteroid. 
China put a lander on the dark side of the moon. 
The US is having troubles doing things they already did 50 years ago.

Something had to change.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nasa chief fired as Trump administration vents frustration over moon landing delays - TheLeonardLeap - 07-17-2019, 10:10 AM