Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nasa chief fired as Trump administration vents frustration over moon landing delays
(07-17-2019, 10:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure, you want to make sure your astronauts are safe, but there's a world of difference between making sure they are safe, and NASA turning returning to the moon into the F-35 project. I don't just mean that monetarily, as yes, I would prefer the astronauts to be safe and the mission successful even if it means spending a bit more than intended, but the biggest problem is unacceptable time delays.

At some point you need to look at the NASA folks and say "you already did this shit nearly 50 years to the day ago, get it together" (3 days until the 50th anniversary). The material and computer technology today are LEAGUES ahead of what they were back in the day.

NASA has sent humans to successfully walk on the moon 6 times already. A rocket test shouldn't be 4 years behind schedule. How is that even possible without massive incompetence or a complete lack of drive?

Japan landed a probe on an asteroid. 
China put a lander on the dark side of the moon. 
The US is having troubles doing things they already did 50 years ago.

Something had to change.

Couple things:  NASA hasn't been the same for a decade or so.  Funding cuts and a lack of public support has damaged what they can and can't do.  Plus the focus became more on cheaper non-manned exploration which they have done quite well with.

And I don't know this for sure, but if the program to get back to the moon is 4 years behind schedule it could be because the schedule keeps changing.  But that still needs to be looked at, I agree.

We also are overlooking that getting men to and from the moon 50 years ago was an AMAZING event that was just short of a miracle to pull off successfully. Even with the advanced technology we have now it is an immense project and it needs to be done right.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nasa chief fired as Trump administration vents frustration over moon landing delays - GMDino - 07-17-2019, 10:25 AM