Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month.
(07-17-2019, 03:48 PM)McC Wrote: Dumping Votto is nonsense precisely for the reason you stated.  I think the only reason Mahle still has a job is that the Reds have absolutely no one else to replace him.

But you can't keep trading players away.  I say, and I think this is what will happen, stand pat and let the rest of the season play itself out.  There's no point in being buyers unless you have a real shot at winning the division.  Do not give up any assets to make a run at a WC so you can play one game for the chance to get murdered by the Dodgers.

The Reds have come pretty far this season but they haven't come far enough to really contend.  They are still learning how to win.  Shoot for next year.

And I don't think Puig will break the bank.  They need what he brings to the table on and off the field.  But do it now so he doesn't hit the FA market.
No, you can’t keep trading players away but you do have to continue to try to improve and that sometimes means trading guys that aren’t in the long term plans. The Reds just never seem to have a long term plan. Puig makes sense but only on a good deal. If he won’t negotiate now to a deal that’s reasonable then get an asset for him. Stop letting guys walk for nothing because ownership is halfass trying to win. The teams plans seem to change consistently. Their rebuild was absolutely grossly mismanaged.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month. - Circleville Guy - 07-17-2019, 09:25 PM