Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How much has this team really improved this off-season?
(07-17-2019, 10:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think we’re counting on better coaching and players improving from year to year. Marvin leaving could’ve be a huge addition by subtraction.

(07-17-2019, 10:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's really impossible to say where we upgraded because we don't know how guys will fit in the new offense and the new defense.

If we're talking on paper, RB is probably better.  I mean, both Williams and Anderson can't be worse than Whalton.  TE is likely better and I don't see Sample sitting behind Uzi for long.  RG is definitely better with Miller.  From what's been said, LG is Westerman's job to lose and he was arguably our best OL last year.  On defense, CB is stronger and deeper with Webb.  MJ is gone, so our DE rotation will likely improve.  But again, that's all on paper and means absolutely nothing on the field.

Hoping the injured guys come back healthy is part of it, but the coaching changes is also a big part.  You also can't forget that the Bengals were the youngest team in the league last year, and guys are going to get better through experience, time in an NFL weight room, natural development, etc.

(07-17-2019, 10:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hopefully Sample will be an improvement over Uzo (who I do like) when Eifert inevitably gets injured. If his blocking is as good as advertised it should help a lot. Especially with a subpar OL.

Pratt is about the only other potential upgrade. It shouldn’t be all that hard to be better than what we trotted out there a lot of last season.

And ofc the big one, head coach...

All of you mentioned it, but I have to ask: How is Taylor an upgrade over Marvin?

Remember that Marvin has been the only HC to put up a winning record under Mike Brown. All those before him failed.

Also remember that Taylor has no HC record at all.

Are we just hoping that Taylor will be better?

Are we hoping Taylor is better because, well, we really don't have a choice?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much has this team really improved this off-season? - BengalChris - 07-17-2019, 11:04 PM