Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How much has this team really improved this off-season?
(07-17-2019, 11:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes, it’s obviously just hope at this point. I don’t think Marvin set the bar all that high as far as how he was as an in-game coach.  

Taylor does have a lot on his plate calling his own plays though. We’ll see.

When you consider the state of the Bengals under Mike Brown before Marvin arrived I have to say that it was pretty bad.

I believe Marvin got tired at the end. The injuries last season, Austin turning out to be worst possible choice for DC, and it just took its toll.

When I look at some of Marvin's drafts I do get impressed. The 2016 draft has all the players selected still on the Bengals roster and if Westermand starts at LG this year, 5 players from that draft will be starters on this year's team. There were, of course, bad draft years, like 2015 where only one player from that draft remains on the roster and none of those players are starters anywhere in the league. Another good draft was 2012 where there are 5 players that are starting somewhere in the league.

I will tell you what I do like about Taylor though, he brings an energy of youth, something this team could use a little bit of the leadership department. It's too bad the front office didn't do the same for itself. Mike Brown's daughter and son-in-law strike me as already old and beyond their useful years.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much has this team really improved this off-season? - BengalChris - 07-17-2019, 11:45 PM