Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How much has this team really improved this off-season?
(07-17-2019, 11:04 PM)BengalChris Wrote: All of you mentioned it, but I have to ask: How is Taylor an upgrade over Marvin?

Remember that Marvin has been the only HC to put up a winning record under Mike Brown. All those before him failed.

Also remember that Taylor has no HC record at all.

Are we just hoping that Taylor will be better?

Are we hoping Taylor is better because, well, we really don't have a choice?

We don't who will and won't be upgrades until the bullets start flying.  As I've said before, Zac may be the next Sean McVay or he could be the next Dave Shula.  We just don't know.  However, given the loyalty Brown has shown Marvin, I think we can all reasonably assume that if Mike Brown thought Marvin was getting the most out of the talent on the roster, Marvin would still have a job.  Whether Mike's correct, we don't know.  Whether Taylor and the new staff can get more out of this roster than Marvin and company, we don't know.

What I will say with Marvin is that it was pretty clear that he lost the locker room.  I don't think they hated him, but I don't think they believed in him anymore.  He failed on the big stage too many times with too many different supporting casts.  It was like he was Wile E. Coyote and he might get close, but everything was going to blow up in his face and he was going to fall off the cliff before achieving the end goal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much has this team really improved this off-season? - Whatever - 07-18-2019, 12:39 AM