Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month.
(07-18-2019, 01:01 AM)McC Wrote: You have to go at least one year without wheeling and dealing yourself back to another hundred loss season.  I hate the constant rebuild talk.  This year's team is noticeably  better than last year's.  David Hernandez is personally responsible for three of the last four losses.  They're not getting blown away.  They're mainly losing close games and to good teams.  They are not that far away.

The rebuild was mismanaged because they can't find young starting pitching and catchers who can hit. 

I'm not saying be a buyer but don't be a seller.  They can afford to pay Puig.  The Reds' payroll is very low, even with Votto's number.

Sure, blow it up yet again.  Empty that stadium.

Nobody is saying to trade any of the good players under contract past this year. Nobody is saying to trade for minor leaguers. Nobody is saying not to try to sign Puig. People are saying that if you’re not going to sign them to trade them and get something. People are also saying not to sign Puig for twice what he’s worth, it has to be a fair deal. There aren’t many untouchable guys on this team. There’s a handful of guys that I wouldn’t trade but you should always try to improve the team, that doesn’t mean blow it up or rebuild but to tweak and add to the weak areas. I wouldn’t want to trade Castillo, Gray, Suarez or Senzel. They’re stuck with Votto, so that’s your core. Puig would be part of that main core if they can sign him. The Reds should be looking to improve on every other position and player if it’s there. They obviously can’t do that at every position but they should jump when they can. They need to stop loading up on one year deals on the offseason if they want a long term build.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month. - Circleville Guy - 07-18-2019, 02:28 AM