Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month.
(07-18-2019, 02:28 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Nobody is saying to trade any of the good players under contract past this year. Nobody is saying to trade for minor leaguers. Nobody is saying not to try to sign Puig. People are saying that if you’re not going to sign them to trade them and get something. People are also saying not to sign Puig for twice what he’s worth, it has to be a fair deal. There aren’t many untouchable guys on this team. There’s a handful of guys that I wouldn’t trade but you should always try to improve the team, that doesn’t mean blow it up or rebuild but to tweak and add to the weak areas. I wouldn’t want to trade Castillo, Gray, Suarez or Senzel. They’re stuck with Votto, so that’s your core. Puig would be part of that main core if they can sign him. The Reds should be looking to improve on every other position and player if it’s there. They obviously can’t do that at every position but they should jump when they can. They need to stop loading up on one year deals on the offseason if they want a long term build.

He has a problem of equating opinion to fact. We all do it, but it really seems to be a hurdle in his approach.

If the Reds don't get hot real quick and Puig doesn't intend to extend, then I think he'll be gone in two weeks since there isn't an August 31st deadline anymore. It is up to Puig and his agent, not the Reds brass. He may want to play in Cincinnati . . . or he may want to play in a big city . . . or he may want to play on a winning ball club again . . . or he may want the most money and he's probably not going to get that by limiting himself to just one bid from one suitor.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month. - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-18-2019, 06:37 AM