Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How much has this team really improved this off-season?
(07-18-2019, 08:52 AM)jj22 Wrote: Truth is the front office was it's typical lazy self. and the roster never got any upgrade.

Nothing has changed but new Coaches. So the hope is all on ZT and his new staff.

But hey, we got 2 more weeks to believe and be positive before reality sets in, and this roster did start 4-1 so it's likely the Front Office didn't think a change in roster was needed.

Yeah I think we have a mixed bag here.   Someone said it earlier in this thread, but I was pretty disillusioned by Troy Blackburn's little rant about the Hart signing.  It screamed, "You don't know what is really happening" and "What else was I supposed to do?"   All of which I thought was incredibly lame from both a personal/ professional behavior perspective and a strategic perspective.

I do credit the overall administration for their choice of Taylor and their success in handling the previous staff (essentially not signing more than the 3 (Simmons, Bicknell and Van Pelt) previous holdovers.   I think their overall thinking was that we need to step into a fresh group of what appear to be really smart coaches.   So far I've been very encouraged by Taylor's vision, the changes in his approach, his overall intelligence and creativity; and his blend of, "produce or else" and I'm willing to listen to players/ coaches input.  

I've also been pleased with the apparent quality of Callahan, Anarumo, Eason, Casey, Martin and Lukabu.

Marvin Lewis had a lot to recommend him - especially at the beginning of his tenure.  But I'm VERY excited about this cerebral and professional crew.  Shame we had to lose Williams and Boling.  And the biggest failure of the team (though I think it's primarily the administration) was the Hart fiasco.  

But all in all I think we have an upgrade here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much has this team really improved this off-season? - 3wt - 07-18-2019, 10:47 AM