Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football Gameplan's 2019 Bengals Preview
(07-22-2019, 10:41 AM)XsandOs Wrote: Couldn't agree more.

With his speed, Ross can get a step on his guy, in 20-25 yards.

You just can't teach speed at this level.

I'm sure Taylor paid attention to Cooks in LA. He will use Ross effectively.

Just using his speed to run across the face of defense presnap, will cause panic.

Yes, Morgan is good technique and size wise but Ross has the rare of rare talent wise if he can just get the mental part of the game down and some consistency with Dalton. You just cannot teach speed. The thing I have gave Ross crap about is him giving up on routes and dropping balls. He needs to clean up this part of his game the most IMO.

(07-22-2019, 01:17 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Gotta believe if the new coaching staff didn't have plans for Ross they would've drafted one of the many WRs who slid in the draft this past year at some point. The fact that they didn't draft a single WR when they seem to do take one every year jumped out to me big time. I'm willing to give Ross a chance under offensive minded coaches that might actually make an effort to use him before completely giving up on the guy.

But hey, as a Ross supporter I wouldn't be upset if any other WR in the room stepped up and grabbed the spot from him. Having a contributing #3 WR would benefit *the team* and would make *the team* better overall, and I care a lot more about *the team having success* than I do about personally being right about a guy.

Agreed on all points. The new coaches seem to have some confidence in the guy or they would of drafted a WR relatively early.

And yeah, if Ross gets beat out by another guy who is just plain better that is fine with me even if I am rooting for Ross cause of all the hate he gets. I think Ross gets a lot of hate undeservedly at times honestly, Ross is a good dude and we should all give him a chance. It takes time with young Receivers regardless of where they are drafted. Like I said, not every WR is AJ Green or Julio Jones coming out of the Draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Football Gameplan's 2019 Bengals Preview - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-22-2019, 08:30 PM