Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The political bubble and how it affects your opinion
(07-23-2019, 10:46 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: By freeing up my resources, such as time and money, to work with other organizations that promote these policies and also do the actual work. By working with youth in the BSA to teach them about conservation and planning service projects for them to do that will help them gain an appreciation for these efforts.

I don't want centrism, but the ideologues and the centrists are currently battling in the party in such a way that prevents any realistic benefits. I can have a greater impact devoting myself to other organizations.

That this question was even asked of you is a perfect indicator of the political times we live in.  The current thinking is, "you're either with us or against us".  I mean, how could you possibly make a difference if you aren't glued to the Democratic party at the hip?  It's just not possible.

(07-23-2019, 10:51 AM)Dill Wrote: Not sure who "the left" is here. Your article spoke of Democrats.

You're right, the Dems typically lean to the right, my bad.

Quote:Someone might "choose" to live inside or outside a specific bubble.

Again, stating the point of the article.

Quote:Do you mean people are choosing to do that, as opposed to choosing to live outside any bubble whatsoever?

Yes, which the article states as well.  I don't know that anyone can "live" outside their bubble, but they can certainly venture out of it via numerous sources.  If a person chooses not to do so then yes, by definition they are choosing not to do that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The political bubble and how it affects your opinion - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-23-2019, 11:30 AM