Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSN published a list 12 teams "running out of fans"...
(07-23-2019, 08:32 PM)TopSix Wrote: There wont be professional sports in Cincinnati after 2025

You cant try and fail as much as these clown organizations and keep it going

They have shown obvious refusal to try and maintain competitive franchises - Both teams are laughingstocks with clueless owners

The fans are leaving

The stadiums are terrible.  The teams are miserable.  You all are going to be have to deal w reality.

...and yet the city just added a major league team with FC Cincinnati making the transition to MLS. I'm sure some will shrug that off, but that's a pretty big deal IMO. They outdraw the Reds all the time.

An article I found said that FC Cincinnati was ranked 3rd in all of MLS in attendance (article is from May, though). That's despite a) being really, really bad and b) playing in a college stadium that doesn't have the capacity many other team's venues have. Despite a miserable team and non-ideal stadium situation, fans aren't leaving, they're flocking to the team.

Those "noncompetitive" Bengals have 5 postseason appearances in the past 8 years. That's more success than they had in 2008 when attendance was higher, so I'm not convinced past performance has anything to do with.

The Reds will never leave Cincinnati. MLB will never let it happen, nor will the city. That's purely for historical reasons, of course, but they're not going anywhere. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MSN published a list 12 teams "running out of fans"... - NKURyan - 07-23-2019, 09:33 PM