Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The political bubble and how it affects your opinion
(07-23-2019, 11:30 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're right, the Dems typically lean to the right, my bad.

Again, stating the point of the article.

Yes, which the article states as well.  I don't know that anyone can "live" outside their bubble, but they can certainly venture out of it via numerous sources.  If a person chooses not to do so then yes, by definition they are choosing not to do that.

One could argue that Nixon leaned to the left of Reagan, but that would not make him a "leftist."

The Democratic party might "lean to the left" of the Republican, but that doesn't make them "the left."  Hence my question--who is "the left" which is retreating inside a bubble.

To restate my bubble question: Can ANYONE follow political issues from a position outside of a bubble, ANY bubble?

If no one can, then no one can choose to be outside bubbles altogether. I'd like that agreed/disagreed upon before any further discussion of who is "retreating" into bubbles and who is not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The political bubble and how it affects your opinion - Dill - 07-23-2019, 10:44 PM