Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5
(10-01-2015, 08:53 AM)Bengals_Legendary Wrote: I know it's mostly meaningless, but I still find power rankings to be a fun read. I guess I'm just excited about our team right now.

Every website has the Bengals in the top 5, with one site going as high as #3. I can't remember the last time I witnessed this.

Below I present a synopsis from each, arranged best to worst.

Yahoo: #3
"Make no mistake, playing at Baltimore against a Ravens team that knew it had to win to realistically remain alive this season, and being down twice in the fourth quarter and still winning ... very impressive."

Bleacher Report: #4
"Green exploded against the Baltimore Ravens when he caught 10 passes for 227 yards and two touchdowns. Both scores came in the final 6:37 of the game. His performance was so good, it overshadowed Steve Smith's 186 receiving yards and two touchdowns for the Ravens. Smith couldn't help but recognize his counterpart after the game for his fine play."  

NFL.com: #4
"Big win for Andy Dalton and company. The much-maligned Cincy quarterback hasn't endured as much, well, maligning this season. People are starting to show the Red Rifle some love. Other than a forced red-zone throw to A.J. Green (and who could blame him for doing that?), Dalton was clutch."

CBS: #4
"The Bengals are playing as well as any team in the league right now. Andy Dalton has never been better."

ESPN: #5
"Tyler Eifert exploded in Week 1. Gio Bernard led the way in Week 2. And someone named A.J. Green made his presence felt with a career-high 227 receiving yards in Week 3. Lots of options for Cincy."

Sports Illustrated: #5
"The top three QB ratings in the league right now belong to Aaron Rodgers, Andy Dalton and Tom Brady, in that order. Anyone questioning Dalton's place there either has not watched Cincinnati this season or is waiting for September Dalton to morph into Playoff Dalton. Maybe, just maybe, the fifth-year starter has turned a corner.

FOXsports: #5
"I know -- you want to see Andy Dalton succeed in the postseason before you believe in the Bengals. With the postseason a long way away, all Dalton can do now is continue to dominate the regular season. So far, he has 866 yards passing, a 66.3 completion percentage and eight touchdowns to just one interception."

Thoughts? Opinions?

same good stuff was being said this time last year when the bengals were also 3-0
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - Ryuko - 10-01-2015, 12:13 PM
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - xavierdude - 10-01-2015, 10:39 AM
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - McC - 10-02-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - TSwigZ - 10-01-2015, 02:30 PM
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - Ryuko - 10-02-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - McC - 10-02-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - Ryuko - 10-22-2015, 10:22 AM
RE: Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5 - djam - 10-24-2015, 08:01 AM