Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The political bubble and how it affects your opinion
(07-24-2019, 12:04 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: dill:One could argue that Nixon leaned to the left of Reagan, but that would not make him a "leftist."

The Democratic party might "lean to the left" of the Republican, but that doesn't make them "the left."  Hence my question--who is "the left" which is retreating inside a bubble.

No, obviously it wouldn't.  Not sure why you felt the need to add this irrelevant piece of info.

Seeing as we have two political parties, and the article in OP is discussing those political parties, then yes, for the purposes of this discussion the Dems are the left.

You spoke of "the left," not the Dems. 

When I asked who "the left" was, your answer was "You're right, the Dems typically lean to the right, my bad."

Sounds like you are calling Dems "the left."

That's why I felt the need for an "irrelevant piece of info" like the above analogy.

There is for sure a bubble in which the Dems are perceived as "leftists," but I'm not in that bubble and won't grant its assumptions,
especially on a thread about how bubbles affect political perception, not even for "purposes of discussion."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The political bubble and how it affects your opinion - Dill - 07-24-2019, 03:17 PM