Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSN published a list 12 teams "running out of fans"...
(07-24-2019, 07:32 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Prices to go to a game are just too high.  Tickets, parking, concession, hundreds of dollars if you want to bring the family.

Cheaper to watch at home.  Also for me, it's a 5 hour drive round trip to Cincinnati and back.

Both franchise have cut prices since 2008, though. If there's a cheaper ticket in the NFL than the Bengals $20-a-game Jungle Pass I'd be surprised. My dad and I park a few blocks from the stadium for $15. Agree that concessions are overpriced, but IMO 1pm games are pretty much perfectly placed so that you don't really have to buy anything (unless you're planning on drinking, which a lot of people are)... you can grab lunch before and dinner right after. I'm sure the cost of parking and concessions are pretty bad across the NFL, too. The Reds sell $1 hot dogs and drinks at every game (unless that's changed recently) if you're willing to seek them out.

I definitely get that some people don't live close enough to make the trek worth it, but that's always been the case for a lot of fans.

I guess I'm just looking for what makes Cincinnati different from every other professional sports town. Why are both of our teams dropping so much more than anyone else?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MSN published a list 12 teams "running out of fans"... - NKURyan - 07-24-2019, 09:03 PM