Poll: What is your level of concern over the POTUS's mental state?
Not concerned at all. He's sharp as a tack!
Not too concerned. We all have bad days, right?
A little concerned. Still in "Wait-and-See" mode.
Highly concerned. Really worried about what reality he is in.
Good Lord, man! And this dude has the nuclear "football"?!?!?!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concern over the Mental State of the POTUS
(07-24-2019, 01:44 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If the Germans can go from Hitler and the Nazi Party to leading the EU, why would you have any doubts? That is literally the biggest jump from one extreme to the other. 

People like to throw around "Hitler" and "concentration camp" terms in hyperbole about Trump

First, I don't do any of that. Trump is no Hitler, he's rather a mixture of Berlusconi and Nero. Also, "German leadership" is still a term very much frowned upon in the rest of Europe, and Germany still gets very much associated with Nazis.

And I feel disgust since Trump is not just a moron, which he definitely is (he's not just playing dumb to get an advantage, he'd be way too vain for that strategy). It's also that he constantly and blatantly lies to the American people about matters small or egregious, and people swallow it. It's also that he runs his business on the side and people swallow it too. It's that he attacks the judiciary, or women, or people of color, has not only narcissistic, but also misogynistic and racist tendencies and people swallow it. It's that he's an awfully indecent human being and people swallow it. It's that he sides with dictators over his fellow American intelligence people and falls in love with them and people swallow it. It's that he's amazingly uneducated and ignorant about really any topic and people swallow it. It's that he operates with hatred and brings out the worst instincts and people swallow it. There are more things, but you get the jist of it.

That's what makes Trump and his presidency disgusting, I stand by that statement and defend it against accusations of silliness :) And as I said, if he's losing the next election, I am willing to let it pass by. If he's reelected, however, that will last, and it's certainly not just me. I would then disagree very strongly with your assumption it will just all pass with the next guy. It will not. The damage to reputation and trust would be there to stay for a generation at least.

Rome in the end fell into a hedonistic idiocracy. I am afraid America falls into a media-induced stupor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Concern over the Mental State of the POTUS - hollodero - 07-25-2019, 10:21 AM