Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSN published a list 12 teams "running out of fans"...
(07-25-2019, 03:34 PM)TopSix Wrote: Here’s the thing

All you do is talk in excuses and justifying these miserable franchises

All Cincinnati fans do is cry over the media, the refs. The cheating ‘Stoolers’ Or cardinals.   The leagues are biased against them.  Sob story after sob story.  The league doesn’t make u draft John Ross Or Levi Jones Or akili or Og and price and Fischer.  Or nick travieso Or Phil ervin Or Tyler Stephenson and nick howard for that matter

The reality is they are sh.it run franchises with owners that don’t prioritize winning.   They are timid, scared organizations that are cheap and take short cuts every year.  

There is no drive to be better for either the reds or the bengals.

You’re delusional if you think otherwise.  Pro sports has failed in Cincinnati

I would say that Nicomo is far from Mr. Blind Positivity around here - he's been very critical of moves the Bengals have made in the past and has been outspoken about how the team is run. Painting him as "making excuses" and "justifying these miserable franchises" is pretty off the mark.

Pretty odd that you'd include Levi Jones in the list of Bengals draft busts, as well. He was pretty good here for several years.

The Reds, in their defense, were one of the more active teams in the offseason last year, so I'd say there was a definite effort to get better (and they are definitely better this year). Their problem is they were so bad last year that no moves they were going to make were instantly going to turn them around in one season. It takes years of these types of moves to build in a winner in baseball, but I'd say they've at least pointed the franchise in the right direction.

"The pro sports has failed in Cincinnati" line in particular strikes me as pretty stupid, though. The Reds have been here for 137 years. The Bengals have been here for 51 years. You don't fail at something and stick around for that long. The city just added a third professional team that's been third in the league in attendance for much of the season. On field success or not, these are hardly failures.

But yeah, maybe we're delusional for sticking with the teams and frequenting message boards to talk about them even though a lot of times they fail to live up to the loyalty we give them. Still, I'd rather be delusional than someone who clearly hates the franchise but finds time to visit their messageboards anyways because that... that sounds pretty pathetic lol.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread