Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The political bubble and how it affects your opinion
(07-25-2019, 07:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Where do you think the info in your bubble comes from?

I've literally answered this double digit times around here, but here you go.  On a daily basis I usually read; Huffington Post, Breitbart, The Guardian, PBS Newshour, Fox News, BBC News, The LA Times and the Wall Street Journal.

Quote:No. it's not labeling...it's pointing out that people defend and support Trump at all turns. 

Semantics.  Even if this truthfully the case you're still mislabeling people the way you use it and forgive me for thinking that's being done intentionally.

Quote:Well with the occasional "tsk tsk" when he says something they *might* think is unnecessary.  Even then, after second thought, he might just be being a genius!  Smirk  But are you suggesting that saying someone supports Trump or defends trump is a bad thing? It doesn't minimize their opinion it just shows where it is coming from.

I'm suggesting that applying inaccurate labels to people is both dishonest and wrong.  Which I believe I conveyed in the post you just responded to.

Quote:Sure, I'm giving an example of how information within your bubble is presented to maintain your reliance on the bubble.

Whose bubble is that?  Mine?  If so I must, again, point out your in accurate and dishonest characterizations.  If you meant someone else then you should choose your words better so as to accurately reflect your intent.

Quote:That was easy, surprised you had to ask.

The why is adequately explained above.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The political bubble and how it affects your opinion - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-25-2019, 08:54 PM