Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The political bubble and how it affects your opinion
(07-26-2019, 02:22 PM)Dill Wrote: The author is a political scientist.

Remember my approach is to study the argument first. That's where one should be looking for "ideological leaning," not prejudging from sources, heard of or not.

It doesn't look like you are following the author's argument, which regards not "racism" in itself in some abstract sense, or whether white people can actually be discriminated against, but how various groups might respond to a question about "whether racism exists" with very different perceptions of who is discriminated against. So answers to a general question like "Is racism still a problem?" cannot sort out whether different group's perceptions of each other's perceptions are accurate or inaccurate. In any bubble affirming standards of scientific polling, that would be the case regardless of politics.

If my "views" on whites as victims of racism affect my acceptance of this article, then that should be demonstrable. Not simply expressed as a guess or a hope. That's how it works in my bubble, at least.

These kind of statements illustrate why discussing anything subjective with you is an exercise in both futility and frustration.  Choose either subjective or demonstrable, you can't have both and be correct.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The political bubble and how it affects your opinion - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-26-2019, 02:31 PM