Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WH gears up to fight House Dems on info on Trump family getting security clearances
(03-06-2019, 07:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not a fan of Congress being given security clearances simply by taking an oath; so I'm definitely, not in favor of one of these officials extended to members of their staff/family.

I hope Congress relooks it with a genuine concern about revamping the system to include policing themselves.

The issue there, though, is that if they need a clearance for certain information for their job, how do you handle that? What if a POTUS wouldn't pass muster on a TS clearance check? I definitely get what you're saying, and I don't disagree at all. I just have to wonder about the implications that would have for our democratically elected officials. I have sincere doubts that Trump would have been granted a clearance without being POTUS.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: WH gears up to fight House Dems on info on Trump family getting security clearances - Belsnickel - 07-30-2019, 02:17 PM