Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newly released Nixon tape includes Nixon and Reagan using racist language
(07-31-2019, 09:26 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/31/politics/ronald-reagan-richard-nixon-monkeys-african-countries/index.html

The tapes were unearthed by the former director of the Nixon Library and officially released by the National Archives two weeks ago. The National Archives had originally released an edited version 20 years ago and recent requests for the full tape prompted them to release it in whole.

Following the UN vote to recognize the People's Republic of China over the Republic of China (Taiwan), Reagan called Nixon:

RR: "Last night, I tell you, to watch that thing on television as I did."

RN: "Yeah."

RR: "To see those, those monkeys from those African countries -- damn them, they're still uncomfortable wearing shoes!"

Nixon goes on to say to his Secretary of State in another recording:

"As you can imagine there's strong feeling that we just shouldn't, as (Reagan) said, he saw these ... cannibals on television last night, and he says, 'Christ, they weren't even wearing shoes, and here the United States is going to submit its fate to that,' and so forth and so on."

I'd act surprised but....

RR pushed the Welfare Queen myth and was for gun control when blacks started carrying them more in CA.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newly released Nixon tape includes Nixon and Reagan using racist language - GMDino - 07-31-2019, 09:40 AM
Reagan Exposed. - jj22 - 08-01-2019, 10:53 AM
RE: Reagan Exposed. - Dill - 08-01-2019, 11:01 AM
RE: Reagan Exposed. - jj22 - 08-01-2019, 01:25 PM
RE: Reagan Exposed. - bfine32 - 08-01-2019, 01:27 PM