Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There were those that wanted to Take a Chance
(05-27-2015, 03:33 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: My problem with this kind of signing, whether it's violence or substance abuse, or whatever, is just as much about being able to depend on someone as it is about the character and moral tone of your football team.

Both these things count, of course, but so many times just as your season is really rolling and things seem to be really falling into place, one of your key pieces is gone, and coping with the period of adjustment is just impossible.

I don't see how it's any different than losing a player to injury, and this team has done a fine job at adjusting to injury.

Everyone looks at the negative, but what about the positive? What if the player works out and provides a big boost to the team?

I'd argue that this team wouldn't have made 4 straight playoff trips without the contributions of Adam Jones. CedBen also worked out.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: There were those that wanted to Take a Chance - Shake n Blake - 05-27-2015, 03:39 PM