Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iraq Veteran Fired Due To Skin Color
(07-30-2019, 01:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ok, I found the WaPo article and then the Politico article it points to: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/29/cheri-bustos-democrats-diversity-1438867

It looks like the timeline of events was that Jaslow accepted blame for the lack of diversity in the DCCC on Friday, and then the two Representatives did indeed call for her to be fired on Sunday. So it is likely she was asked to resign (I don't know anything about the others), but it is because of her actions and not because of her skin color, as has been claimed by some.

(07-30-2019, 02:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They definitely called for Jaslow to be replaced, albeit after she had taken responsibility for the diversity issues in the staffing.

The Politico one that you linked had this in it, just clearing up Dino's confusion about the word "fire", as I'm sure you saw it in the article.

"In the most dramatic move so far, Texas Reps. Vicente Gonzalez and Filemon Vela told POLITICO Sunday that Bustos should fire her top aide, DCCC executive director Allison Jaslow."

https://yournews.com/2019/07/30/1118066/dccc-executive-director-forced-to-resign-because-shes-white/

Claiming that the organization was in “complete chaos,” the lawmakers demanded DCCC chairwoman Cheri Bustos “appoint a qualified person of color, of which there are many, as executive director at once.”

They had a meeting on Monday Morning with Bustos, after the meeting, the resignations started rolling. Say what you want, but that's forced because none of them planned to resign all at the same time. And obviously the people pushed out were not diverse enough, so that means it was based on race. Say it call it what you will. That's how anyone with an objective mind will see it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iraq Veteran Fired Due To Skin Color - Mike M (the other one) - 07-31-2019, 11:56 AM