Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from the "worst district in the USA"
(07-31-2019, 04:34 PM)Dill Wrote: Bpat you are the perfect guy for these questions:

1. How do you guys control rats there in Baltimore? Is the task large enough to require assistance from the city, or is it basically up to local homeowners to fend off the threat themselves. Is Big government failing you here? Could open carry be part of the solution?

The city and county (in areas like mine bordering the city... the city line is at the edge of my neighborhood) have ramped up efforts in the last few years and have decreased rat burrows by 85%. They increased trash days, used city trash cans, increased neighborhood inspections, and encouraged reporting illegal trash dumping.

Quote:2. What kind of rats swarm your property and neighborhood? Are they mostly Norwegian?  Could some kind of immigration control from Scandanavian countries help or is it just too late for that? 

I think African, not European. 

Quote:We have an occasional rat in our neighborhood, but our cat appears to be all the control we need.  The only evidence of rats I have seen in the last year is a rat tail he coughed up in our computer room, along with a pile of black fur.

Are you sure your cat caught it? What's the ground velocity of an unladen rat? 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greetings from the "worst district in the USA" - BmorePat87 - 07-31-2019, 05:02 PM