Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-27-2015, 01:55 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'm amused at many of you hypocrites.
First you say that society has the right to protect itself from harmful diseases. Then do an about face in this thread by supporting same-sex behaviors...

Yet when it comes to protecting the general population from Aids, you're stance on society protecting itself changes. Considering that 3-5% of the US population is gay, and that over half of all new HIV cases come from that segment of people, I'd say that it's quite disproportionate. I don't think the general population should be at risk because of a small segment of people that choose to participate in deviant sexual behaviors.

Aids is one of the top killers for people aged 13-24, basically our kids... yet it's still ok with you all to do nothing about it.

http://www.hhs.gov/opa/reproductive-health/stis/hiv/

•Every 9½ minutes, someone in the U.S. is infected with HIV. It is estimated that there are over 56,000 new cases of HIV in the U.S. each year.
•It is estimated that 1.7 million people in the U.S. have been infected with HIV since 1981 and approximately 1.1 million Americans are currently be living with the infection.
•Gay and bisexual men account for more than half of all new HIV cases and about 48% of those currently living with the virus.

Most heterosexual marriages are monogamous. I would assume most homosexual marriages would be monogamous, also. Therefore, the more homosexuals in monogamous marriages would actually decrease the spread of HIV by reducing the number of sexual partners and promiscuity.

Bam. Problem solved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-27-2015, 03:45 PM