Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Trade Deadline, did the team get better?
Yes, they are better and Puig was not even close to their biggest bat. Defensively, he was easily their best outfielder but he is still behind almost every fast ball thrown to him. I'm confused as to why anyone would throw him an off-speed pitch in the strike zone. I could be wrong, but I don't remember him squaring up a fastball all year and I've watched every game. He may have gotten a blooper hit or a swinging bunt off of a fastball but I don't remember him crushing a line drive off of a fastball, even for an out. It was all curves and sliders in his highlight reels.

Bauer is better than Roark and I loved watching Roark pitch.
Gennett wasn't squaring up many pitches either. I've not given up on Peraza. Remember, only Barry Larkin has more hits in a season playing SS in a Reds uniform and he only did that once. Peraza's 182 hits last year is second most ever for a Reds SS and that list includes Zack Cozart and Dave Concepcion.

They tried to get relievers but other teams were asking too much for a two month rental so they pulled back. To me it all now keys on whether Hernandez can bounce back or not.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post Trade Deadline, did the team get better? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 08-01-2019, 05:12 PM