Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Trade Deadline, did the team get better?
(08-01-2019, 07:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So how is swapping a player that will be gone after this year for a BETTER guy who will be here a year longer "treading water"?

Roark was with the Reds for 105 games.  Bauer should be here over TWICE as long (219 games).

Can't believe there are Reds fans who would rather constantly watch 100 loss seasons instead of actually trying to win.

Did you even read my first post in this thread? JFC, I flat out said "short term I think they are marginally better".

Either the Reds are "competitive" next year, Bauer doesn't get traded, and he walks at the end of the season putting the Reds right back to square one, or the Reds are out of it, trade Bauer for the future, and the Reds are right back to square one again. Meaning that, like I said right in my first post, they're treading water LONG TERM.

You need to try actually reading what people write, it might save you some trouble. It's like you try to be as obtuse as possible.

As for watching 100 loss seasons, I'm sure Astros fans and Cubs fans are really ticked off about having to sit through those now that they've won world championships and are consistently among the best in the league. I can't believe there are fans happy to watch them stumble towards between 65 and 75 wins every year instead of actually trying to win, but there you are.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post Trade Deadline, did the team get better? - NKURyan - 08-01-2019, 07:13 PM