Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-27-2015, 03:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I advocate for not legitimizing same-sex marriage. Legitimizing it says your sexually deviant behavior is "ok", it's "not ok", there's consequences associated with using your body in ways that it was not designed to be used.

The end results is the same, both result in deaths from diseases that are spread into the general population.
You specifically said: "how much harm can come from the public health with only a small percentage of children not being vaccinated."
It's the same as saying: How much harm can come from such a small percentage of homosexual's sexually deviant behavior.
I showed you via charts straight from the government's websites how much harm it does create.
Butt please continue to believe that you're not in the double standard crowd.

Same-sex marriage and high-risk sexual behaviors do not share the relationship you think they do. It has already been pointed out that marriage promotes monogamy which would slow down the rates. There will not likely be any change in the rate of infection, but if there is it would be a decrease, with the legalization of same-sex marriage. So, I ask again, what do you propose to stem the tide of HIV infections?

And again, you have a false equivalence. If you cannot comprehend the difference in the risk to the public health when you compare an airborne disease to one that requires direct contact that is almost blood to blood, then I don't know what to tell you. You can catch the diseases we were discussing in the other thread by being near someone, or even near someone that was near someone that had it. Meanwhile you have to be anally penetrated by someone with HIV/AIDS to contract the disease (for the most part, there are other scenarios but they are far less likely to lead to contraction and still highly unlikely to happen, and not environmental in nature). If you seriously think that something you have to engage in intercourse to contract poses the same risk as something that you only have to stand near someone to contract then you have gone round the bend.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - Belsnickel - 05-27-2015, 03:58 PM