Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newly released Nixon tape includes Nixon and Reagan using racist language
(08-02-2019, 11:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: Part of "today's issues" are people who are racist.

This isn't "slavery was 150 years ago".

I mean while it is no surprise Saint Ron and Tricky Dick were racist they are still Presidents in our lifetime.  Reagan was the last President elected before I could vote.

And he was calling black people monkeys less than ten years before being elected POTUS.

There's absolutely nothing wrong (IMHO) in going back and showing that some of these officials policies and ideas were influenced by their racist opinions and trying to make sure we have less of that going forward.

(08-02-2019, 11:44 AM)jj22 Wrote: But this frame of mind isn't. And many people who were alive during this time aren't.

I just don't see why saying Nixon was wrong is so hard for folks.

Willing to say anything but that simple statement of disapproval. Why? Because these feelings are still very prevalent, and commonplace.

I didnt say he was right for saying it, but I dont see the use in going back 50 years and finding a racist quote from a dead president. Im sure the farther back you go, the more frequent the racist quotes will become. Its no secret that racism was more prevalent the farther back you go. I just think we have enough on our plate today with racism. Its no secret that it exists, but in my opinion, the first step to overcoming it is to stop making everything about it. Call me a man, not a black man or a white man. If I disobey the cops and get beat, make it about my actions, not my skin color, etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newly released Nixon tape includes Nixon and Reagan using racist language - Beaker - 08-02-2019, 03:21 PM
Reagan Exposed. - jj22 - 08-01-2019, 10:53 AM
RE: Reagan Exposed. - Dill - 08-01-2019, 11:01 AM
RE: Reagan Exposed. - jj22 - 08-01-2019, 01:25 PM
RE: Reagan Exposed. - bfine32 - 08-01-2019, 01:27 PM