Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your player that has low expectations that you feel may surprise?
(08-03-2019, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like this threads that bring out the positive thoughts in everyone.

Pretty much everyone I would have listed has already been mentioned.

Malone......Probably #1 on my list based on the fact that we need him more than any of the others right now.  But although I ws high on him in college he really hasn't done anything to give me a lot of hope.  

Vigil...…#1 on my list of guys that I think will actually step up.  He needs to stay healthy all year.  

Sample.....About to become the new Reggie Kelly.  Won't have a lot of catches but will play a lot of snaps and help with the run game.

Billings.....Actually played pretty well last year.  Footballoutsiders lumps all 3-4 DTs and DEs plus all 4-3 DTs together in a group labeled "defensive linemen".  They use two stats to measure their efficiency against the run, and although I won't swear they are the most accurate metrics they ranked Billings 20th in the league in "success rate" and 8th in "average rush yards allowed".

Willis.....Might get a lot more snaps with MJ gone.  Has not shown me anything special, but has not stood out looking bad either.

Sample just wasn't used much in the passing game which doesn't mean he can't. I'd absolutely love if he became the best blocker in the league and even just pretty good catching passes. Even a few well timed passes at the right time can equate to wins. They don't even have to be TDs if he can get the ball downfield often enough for others to score.  I guess I'll pick Sample, Willis and maybe even Pratt. Hey! Boris Karloff's real last name was Pratt. He actually shared the same name with the warden of the port of San Francisco.. William Henry Pratt..  Obviously that means Pratt will be the greatest LB ever because...well...just because. Do you need some better reason? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is your player that has low expectations that you feel may surprise? - grampahol - 08-03-2019, 07:27 PM